2013 Palouse Basin Water Summit
4:30 pm – 8:30 pm Tuesday, October 1, 2013
Schweitzer Engineering Event Center
1825 Schweitzer Drive
Recipient, 2014 Mayor's Earth Day Awards By City of Moscow.
Moscow Mayor Bill Lambert honored ten citizens with the 2014 Mayor's Earth Day Awards at the April 21, 2014 City Council meeting. This award was established to promote sustainability in the community and recognize a variety of worthy recipients. This year's recipients were recognized at the public meeting and given a certificate noting the recognition of their activities conducive to environmental sustainability in their unique categories. The awards concept, established in 2006, is to acknowledge and encourage practices that foster sustainability in a variety of ways.
In the Event category: Palouse Basin Water Summit – An annual event since 2006, the Summit has reached out to hundreds of individuals. The purpose of the Summit is to raise the public awareness regarding the Palouse region water sources to include education and to seek solutions to potential future water issues.
"Our Liquid Asset"
- 4:30 — Welcome and Introduction of the Master of Ceremonies, Dr. Tom Bitterwolf
- 4:40 — Welcome to Pullman – The Honorable Glenn Johnson, Mayor of the City of Pullman
- 4:45 — The State of the Basin – Steve Robischon, Palouse Basin Aquifer Committee
- 5:15 — The Cost of Water Infrastructure – Kevin Gardes, City of Pullman; Les MacDonald, City of Moscow
- 5:45 — An Interactive Dialogue About Our Water – Dr. Allyson Beall King, WSU School of the Environment
- 6:30 — A Step Ahead in Understanding the Aquifer – Robin Nimmer, TerraGraphics; Dr. Dale Ralston, RHS Consulting
- 7:00 — Water Adjudication Within the Palouse Basin – Gary Spackman, P.E., Idaho Department of Water Resources
- 7:20 — Lessons Learned: Drought-Tolerant Landscaping (Panel Discussion) – Larry Branen, resident of Moscow; Annette Brusven, UI Pitkin Nursery; Kevin Pullen, Nursery Manager, SYG Nursery, Pullman
- 7:40 — Keynote speaker: Drinking Water – James Salzman, J.D., Duke University Law School and author of "Drinking Water – A History"
- 8:30 — Closing remarks & drawing
[ previous summits: 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 ]
If you plan to attend the summit, please register!
and on Facebook